Mmmm, good. I'd never thought anything with the word "buttermilk" could be any kind of good, honestly. The stuff, in and of itself, is rather... unappetizing.
But in a pie? Creamy, custardy delight. I learned this from my in-laws: Save room for buttermilk pie. You might want two pieces. (And it's so simple even I can make it!)
- 1 9-inch single crust pie
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar and flour. Add buttermilk, beaten eggs, and vanilla. Melt the butter over low heat. Add to buttermilk mixture and mix well.
- Pour into crust and bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
Now, hop on over to Gaelen Foley's page for her delicious-looking Surprise Cookies!
How to Knit a Love Song, available in bookstores now.