SnippetsNovember 8, 2005
1. Heard while walking into the coffee-shop: "The best thing to do is get all your rain-gear on, go out into the woods, and THEN eat the shrooms."
2. I know you've donated to everything this year, but there are still three million homeless people in Pakistan from the recent earthquake (17,000 children killed alone), and the winter is coming, fast. The fabulous Jessica has set up a donations website here. Knitters rock, I tell you. But you knew that.
3. I'm almost caught up on email and I found the local burrito shop, so I'm taking a HUGE burrito in to work with me tonight. Mmmm, carnitas.
4. Almost time for work, which I really like. Last night I realized I was working six different radio channels at one time, speaking on all of them, following the traffic on all of them as best I could (I missed things - the fast pace is difficult, but I'll get used to it). I love that I like a challenge. I hate that I need to be perfect, even when I'm new at something. Working on that.
5. Coffee is GOOD!
6. Eventually, I am sure I will get a google hit for the first item on this list, and I'll get some dumb email from someone asking me where to get shrooms. Dude, read the whole list. Don't send that email.