Oooh, do you ever just have the urge to blog, and you sit there, doing whatever you're doing (in my case, being at work, trying not to laugh at someone who called for medical on an allergic reaction to latex while at a hotel -- what do you think they were doing?), and you're thinking all these smart funny thoughts, things that make you happy, things that you want to share, and then you sit down to blog and there's nothing there?
When that happens to me, I make a list:
- I am deeply in love with green lately. I finished a hella cute sweater yesterday, but I haven't had time to put on buttons yet. You'll see it soon. It's the best, lightest color of drying grass.
- I started a new sweater imMEEJiatly (the Sienna Cardigan from the latest IK), also in green, but this green is deep and rich, and yo, it's cashmere from the stash. Stash cashmere. There aren't two finer words that go together, are there? It's from a cone I bought in New York from School Products more than two years ago, and I think it's time.
- I've learned that when I'm deeply grumpy there are things I should try.
- Stand in front of a fan. I may be hot and may be in denial. Just go stand in front of a fan and see what happens.
- Knit with cashmere. Seriously, it sounds like a silly thing to help the grumps, something light and fluffy to say in a blog post, but earlier today I was in a horrid mood, and the cashmere knitting was like a good therapy session. I can't explain why. It just Is.
- I was in a bad mood because of HOA woes (which are much better and much more deal-able now, thank you, although still rather prickly) but mostly because I got to see Lala for literally twelve minutes today. And that's better than during the week. I do not exaggerate. Usually, during the work week, I only see her when I get into bed and she's getting out, about ten minutes or so. And know what? That grumps me OUT, something that when looked at from a distance, actually makes me happy. I've never lived with anyone, never felt this for anyone. That want to see someone, that need to just breathe the same air, to just hang out in the kitchen and talk. And more than two years later, it's just getting more like this. It's really a fine reason to be grumpy.
That's a long enough list. It's my Friday, thank god, and I have a date with La tomorrow night. Hooray. Tuesday, I get to see Marie (of KnitCast fame) and her husband, coming all the way from Wales to Oakland. Well, I suppose she's coming because they love San Francisco like I love Venice, but I'm stealing them and I'm going to introduce them to Zachary's Pizza in Oakland.
And then less than a week from now, we leave for Europe! I have nothing ready to go! Haven't got out a single bag, haven't looked for the voltage converter. Dude. This is not like me. But I like it.
Okay. Back to knitting with cashmere. Oh, yes. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, whatever you're doing.