Working for the Weekend! July 24, 2008
Know where I am?
IN BED! By choice! It's after ten in the morning, and I am NOT AT WORK for the first time since June.
I am dizzy with the possibilities. Three days off. I was planning on having a pajama weekend to end all pajama weekends, but instead I have SO MUCH I want to do.
Or I could just chill. Like Waylon:
1. I want to deal with cat litter issues. Doesn't that sound like FUN? We've found the cats really, really like the Cat Attract litter, just like they say they will, and that's solved a lot of problems, but I still have to hide the box in the kitchen by making a curtain and deal with making the box inaccessible to Clara who still tries to steal her "cat treats." It's disgusting and not allowed. Must deal with that.
2. I need to go get a new Roomba. The one I have is about to die, and it never quite completes a full cycle. I am ALL about keeping the Costco receipt, and every time one dies (it's not that well-made but when it works it WORKS), I box it up, take it back and get a new one. That will only work until Costco stops carrying them, as Costco is wont to do, and then I'll have to deal with the warranty people at Roomba, but until then, I'm a Costco-standing-in-line fool. And I usually abhor going to Costco. (I'm vacuuming right now, actually. While lying in bed. Ain't THAT broken yet.)
3. I'd like to make another dress. Maybe. If the mood strikes.
4. I have nothing to knit while at the Romance Writers of America conference next week. I'm working on a green tank which isn't holding my interest, and I'm also doing the Sodera Socks (Ravelry link - so sexy!), but they require too much looking down. I need some eyes-free knitting, in sweater form, I think. Maybe the February-Lady-Sweater, perhaps? Like the rest of the free world?
5. Crap! Roomba just died! I heard it. Costco today, for sure.
6. Perfume. I want to wear perfume. My sister Christy (who is a perfume blogger -- Smell the Glove is a must-read) gave me two wonderful perfumes (one of which is Guerlain's Sous le Vent, oh my, and the other one I love but forgot the name and I don't want to get out of bed and get it) for my birthday, and it was perfect timing. I don't wear perfume when I'm sad, and I've been too sad in the last few months to risk perfume-wearing. Even happy days could be suddenly clouded with grief, and I didn't want to risk spoiling a perfectly wonderful scent forever. But I'm ready. (I had a good dream about Mom last night. Finally. I don't think I wrote about the horrifying dreams I had for weeks after she died, corporeal dreams, dreams I'll never get over. But finally, last night I dreamed that the sisters and I were on a pier, and Clara was swimming in the ocean next to us, happily splashing away as she does. In the dream I took a picture of her, and on the screen of the digital camera, I could see Mom dog-paddling (ha!) next to Clara. None of us could see her with our eyes, but we could see her when we took pictures of Clara. Grinning at us in delight from the water. Grinning like "I'm right here, don't you know that?" Weird dream, in that she was always a little afraid of the ocean, but a lovely one. The dream I've been waiting for.) Now I can wear perfume again. There is still grief, but it fits in my body now.
7. Other fun things I'm doing this weekend: Cheetahs on the Moon and 5 Cent Coffee tonight at the Eagle's Tavern in San Francisco. Tomorrow night: hot tub and massage with Lala courtesy of beloved friends. Saturday: Tattoo! More to follow on that.
8. I suppose I'll get up now. Don't have to. But I'm gonna. Woot!