o hai recessionMarch 24, 2009
We has it.
Lala got laid off yesterday. Bleah. Her company blamed it on the economy. I blame it on them not realizing what they had right in front of them. Of course, I'm the wife, and I'm ready to scrap and fight for her, but there's not much to do now. At least she'll get a good reference -- her immediate boss knows how versatile and talented she is. The Corporate Weasels, well, they don't and it's a good thing they're not in the same room with ME, that's all I'm saying.
We will make do, of course, and I am lucky enough to work in an industry that usually has overtime to spare. I'll be picking up OT and oncall pay, which will be good. Beans, rice, and cheap wine. We have all the yarn/books/instruments/video games anyone could ever want, and now that Lala can rip vinyl to her computer, we're set for YEARS of music at a quarter an album.
But hey, if anyone in the Bay Area has a paying gig they'd like to talk to Lala about, she can be reached at lala at smartyboots dot net. Wait! You need her resume! Here it is:
- Lala is good at doing everything on the computer. Specifically, she is what they call a Web Developer. She is also very good at web design and is not a crazy person, as I believe lots of web designers are.
- She does other very computery-sounding computery things. I kid you not.
- She makes any website look good.
- She makes any CHAIR look good. If you have an ugly chair you need to cheer up, put Lala in it. That's what I do.
- She wears clothes exceedingly well, especially western gear, although now that she is into jazz (don't tell her I told you!), she is going to have to start wearing more polyester.
- She is a good knitter. Although she doesn't do it anymore.
- She would be probably be good at papier mache, although I have no real evidence to back this up.
- She can make the BART train leave. It is her superpower and awesome to behold. Harness that whatever way you can.*
- She can play any instrument set in front of her. Really.
- She can drink the HELL out of a cup of a coffee.
- She is the best.
Hey! She doesn't need a job! She needs to stay home and be my house-boy! Hooray! I've always wanted one!(Or perhaps she would prefer that you read her real resume. It hasn't been updated yet, so I suspect it's out of date, but there you go. Not as much fun as mine.)
* My superpower, on the other hand, is to make BART arrive. So when we take BART together, we split the difference and usually end up waiting only a few minutes. (Have I told you this a million times already? I have? Sorry.)
EXTREMELY RELEVANT LINK. Lala just sent me THIS. She thought it was a joke. HA!