We had a really nice sunny ride here. I don't know why, but it gives me such a thrill to ride here. Maybe because I've just never done it before recently, and it makes me feel like a kid.
2. 1/2 hour
3. I am just going to read today, and write down what that 2nd-to-last novel was doing when I abandoned it more than a year ago, at 140pp. Nice work to do at the cafe.
4. 2:36, an hour, 1/2 hr more than I planned
5. I read about thirty pages. And OHMYGOD, how did I not remember it was written in the omniscient? Flip-flopping between the two characters mid-scene? Yes, I wrote this years ago, but please. I knew better than that then. Was I trying something out? I don't remember, but it's going to require a lot of fixing. Still really like the characters and the premise, though.
6. Tomorrow I'll keep reading, keeping line-edits to a minimum, but cleaning up perspectives.
7. I'll write at the cafe in the morning.
While I was working, I looked up at Lala and she was smiling at me. When I asked her what was up, she said, "you look like you must have looked when you were eight years old and doing homework." Also, she said, "did you write and smoke when you were a smoker?" I said yes, and she said, "I could tell. You kind of have a free hand," and she showed it floating around.