Work does not agree with the treadmill journal, or at least, not while revising. I *did* work last week during my 62-hour work week, but I just focused on finishing the quick read of the current 1/2 novel-in-progress. You can't really plan a work amount when you're working 911 -- I would read as long as I could, and then I'd answer a phone, put in a call, have three conversations with co-workers, answer two more phones, then read another paragraph and start over again. I could only manage that craziness about an hour a day, so I got the work finished, and roughly line-edited, and that's all.
So now I'm ready to figure out how to get from the middle, where I am now, to the end, which I kind of know. There's this big blank spot in front of me. Sometimes I like to lie in bed when I can't sleep, and instead of thinking about to-dos or bills, I think about whatever I'm working on. I never expect a breakthrough, and god knows, if one happened, I'd forget it by morning, but it's fun to think so hard about something that the characters ramble your dreams the rest of the night.
Wish they would solve how to get from here to there, though.
2. 1 hr or until I have what I want.
3. I will plot. Scene by scene, until the end. Ack!
4. 11:43am, almost an hour
5. I think I really did plot it all out, and it made me laugh out loud once, so that scene, at least, will be fun.
6. Tomorrow I'll dive into the first new scene. Would like to finish this book by Oct. 15th, so I can get ready for nanowrimo. Or, as I'll be doing it, NoBoWriMo, since I think I'll be writing a collection of essays, deliberately flouting the rules of it being a novel.
7. I'll write here at the cafe in the morning.
I feel confident now that I can finish this book. What I'm worried about is going back to the first half and making it match the second half. Ah, well, that's the editing phase, isn't it?
Hey, a romance editor hit me up after reading my chapter on Gather.com and said I was a good writer. She works for an erotica house, so my work isn't for her, but she thinks that I'll do well targeting the house I had in mind.... So exciting to hear! And right now I'm #3 of 300 in the competition! Who knows what'll happen, but I'm well chuffed right now, just having fun watching where this goes.