Day One of Nanowrimo. Still wasn't even convinced I was going to do it yesterday -- still not convinced today that I'll finish this year. Last year I really had no doubts. This piece, this work, feels more troubling -- not as strong. With fiction, I can imagine and keep going. I can throw in a bomb blast or a car crash if I need to (not that I have), but with non-fiction (yes, I'm breaking the Nano rules), it's harder. And at the same time, easier. I'm just telling tall tales. I do that all day long. Shouldn't be too hard, right?
2. Will work for four hours, till noon, between calls and things to do at work.
3. Will work on the beginning!
4. Stopped at 15:37, 8.5 hours after I started, approx 1750 words. Have to guess, since I'll have to scan the pages in later. Spent very little of that time writing, got a second alarm structure fire which took up a lot of our time, and then it stayed steadily busy.
5. Worked on the beginning! Went smoother than I thought, although I think I'm already off-track. Oh, well. It's Nano.
6. Will work on N scene tomorrow
7. Will work at work. Seemed to work today okay.
Thank god it worked out today. I was worried I wouldn't have any time to write today -- have to go out tonight after work -- but I got it done, and it kind of made the time fly by. Not ideal, but it works.